Re: [Hampshire] Re: FreeView box suggestions

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: FreeView box suggestions
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 08 at 08:21, m.nuttall@??? wrote:
> Since the freeview radio is of better quality than dab I am considering buying
> one for radio stations. Can anyone comment on the sound quality of a freeview box?

Our Sony DVB-T has a digital audio out (which was a little uncommon at the
time and one of the reasons we brought it). Fed direct into a digital amp
Radios 1-4 sound identical to FM broadcasts received directly by the AMP.
The analog sound output (on SCART) sounds a little tinier to me.

DAB the few time I've heard is awful, but it's always been on those
horrible retro sets.

I have FM in my office, feeding a couple of refurbished HB1s.

--
        Bob Dunlop