Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 7 Review

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Fedora 7 Review

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57ac7100.hantslug.org.uk.24158': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Jun 9 13:30:12 2007 BST
gpg: using RSA key ED1319F325A97448
Paul Tansom wrote:
> I really wish I could get my head around whether I'm a die hard
> Debianite or a fledgling Ubuntu user at the moment. There's a lot to
> like about Ubuntu, although every time I decide to give it another bash
> it trips me up. Of course it doesn't help that the two machines I've
> tried it on so far have both been a few years old and both rely on
> wireless networking on a network that uses WPA not WEP (as far as I can
> see it still doesn't do WPA out of the box in, erm, 7.04 - I can't
> remember the 'name' for it!).

Network Manager, and it does do WPA out of the box. The limitation
/might/ be that the driver for your network card doesn't support WPA or
the generic wireless extensions.

Tony