Re: [Hampshire] Power Failure

Author: Chris. Aubrey-Smith
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Power Failure
This strays a bit off-topic, but it's in a good cause......

I have now stripped this machine to the bare essentials and it still doesn't
work.

As part of the exercise, I put the disk from the dead computer (W/XP) into
another machine. It won't boot. However, my old copy of Knoppix (3.3) talks
to it quite happily, so everything is recoverable.

My question: is this failure to boot a consequence of M*cr*s*ft's
anti-social behaviour, or should I be looking for another cause?

Chris.