Re: [Hampshire] DVD-RAM - is it really this bad?

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVD-RAM - is it really this bad?
I'd have thought that a disk based filesystem wouldn't neccessarily
work well on a DVD-RAM - I know there are startup costs to a write on
CD-RW, I'd have thought the same might apply to DVD-RAM. According to
wikipedia, UDF should be the best FS for it.

w.r.t. speed, depending upon the setup, they will be faster at the
outside of the disk vs the inside. Hard disks start at the outside
and work their way in (typically dropping by about 40% in sequential
performance). CDs start on the inside and work their way out. Dunno
about DVD-RAM.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers