Re: [Hampshire] Doctype Declarations in PHP DOM

Author: Daniel Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Doctype Declarations in PHP DOM
Mark Johnson wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if it's possible to define which DTD the DOM should use,
>>> so that it's output with the saveHTML() or saveXML() methods?
>> I don't know for certain, but I'd guess... yes? You know, it occurs to me
>> that maybe someone should write, like, documentation for this API stuff.
>
> Perhaps a more useful response would have assumed that I've already found
> that page, and pointed me to the section of it that I've clearly been
> overlooking until now, otherwise I wouldn't be posting to the list in the
> first place.

So, knowing about that page, and finding it to have no reference to an API for
specifying DTD (though I don't know how, a search for "dtd", "doctype",
"documenttype" or "document type" all refer to this class), you thought it
worthwhile to write to this mailing list just in case there was some
undocumented API that a HantsLUG list member happened to know about?

More worthwhile than, for example, working around this imagined deficiency by
inserting a <!DOCTYPE> string into the output of ::saveXML()?

Dan