Re: [Hampshire] CentOS 5 vs RHEL 5 vs WBEL

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] CentOS 5 vs RHEL 5 vs WBEL
> So I'm
> wondering if I can get away with using CentOS or WBEL (along with
> suitable texts) to help me brush up on the skills required for the
> RHCT/RHCE certifications?

Yes.

My beef with CentOS is well-documented here and elsewhere, so naturally,
I'd recommend WBEL, but from the technical perspective, all three are
near-identical.

> Anyone have any ideas on how close these distro are to Red Hat

Almost all of the clones are direct rebuilds from the SRPMs. The only
place they differ is in non-free packages (like the images anaconda
displays whilst installing!) and in the update mechanism (can't use
RedHat's RHN without a subscription - but up2date still looks the same, it
just works slightly differently).

Vic.