[Hampshire] Linux CCTV

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Linux CCTV

I wonder if anyone can help me speed up this mini project:

I have purchased an outside mono chrome motion activated camera - from
Wickes for about £35 and mounted it in a suitable place. It has a scart
socket; the video out. I want to capture the video into an 'S' video
socket located on a old Nvidia graphics card, GF MX400 running Linux. Then
feed the images captured every two seconds to a remote server using scp.
Then a website on the remote server will display an image updated every
two seconds and archive the images for reference. It is hoped the images
will only be about 10-20K or less - high quality is not an issue.

Questions are:

How to convert scart to 'S' video?
The simplest way to capture an image every two seconds via the graphics
card using a bash script?

TIA

Damian

--