[Hampshire] recommended webhost and dns provider

Author: Richard Green
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] recommended webhost and dns provider
Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions of decent hosting providers and
possibly a DNS provider aswell. I'm currently with heartinternet but
have heard some negative things about them.

My requirements are pretty standard;
DNS provider/registrar:
*fairly cheap
*mainly for a few .uk domains
*web based control panel to change my DNS options - preferabily the
ability to make more advanced changes and not a form with just a cname
and a RR type box.

Web/email hosting:
*apache with php on a linux server
*a few mysql databases
*ssh/scp access prefered over ftp
*nearly all the users will be UK based so a reliable and quick UK hosted
server would be essential
*decent email server with about 10-15+ mailboxes via imap
*aliases
*the option to setup mailman and other more advanced features
*some kind of quite configurable spam filtering
*I like the idea of having my own virtual server so that I can do what I
want but think that would be overkill for what is basically standard hosting

I have looked on the wiki for this subject but info is a bit sparse -
any suggestions/comments would be appreciated!

--
Thanks,
Rich