[Hampshire] Folder depentant settings in Mutt

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Folder depentant settings in Mutt
I've finally got around to configuring Mutt to change its behaviour
based on the folder I'm in - it should save no end of retyping email
addresses and signatures, but sadly it hasn't completely. For some
reason it seems a bit hit and miss as to whether it actually gets the
changes right or not. Can anyone shed any light on my mistake in setting
this up?

At the top of my main muttrc file I have my default settings:

set realname = "Paul Tansom"
set hostname = domain1.com
my_hdr From: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
my_hdr Sender: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
#my_hdr Reply-to: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
my_hdr Envelope_from: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
set signature = ~/.mutt/sig.aptanet

t the bottom I have several sections with folder-hook conditions loading
in configuration from separte files, so:

folder-hook .*.Ilinuxlore    source ~/.mutt/ac.linuxlore

as an example, the .* catches multiple ways of defining how to get to
the directory (maildir) so either ~/Maildir/.Ilinuxlore or =.Ilinuxlore
will be find. The file in question then resets some things:

set realname = "Paul Tansom"
set hostname = domain2.co.uk
my_hdr From: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
my_hdr Sender: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
#my_hdr Reply-to: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
my_hdr Envelope_from: Paul Tansom <paul@???>
set record = ~/.Ilinuxlore
set signature = ~/.mutt/sig.linuxlore

Sadly sometimes the From and record settings are not always picked up
and remain set to those chosen for the last folder I was reading, or
earlier. The signature usually, but not 100% of the time, is correct.

Anyone any ideas?

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: