Re: [Hampshire] Folder depentant settings in Mutt

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Folder depentant settings in Mutt
** Andy Smith <andy@???> [2007-07-19 15:50]:
> Hi Paul,
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 11:54:00PM +0100, Paul Tansom wrote:
> [...]
> > t the bottom I have several sections with folder-hook conditions loading
> > in configuration from separte files, so:
> >
> > folder-hook .*.Ilinuxlore    source ~/.mutt/ac.linuxlore

> [...]
>
> > Sadly sometimes the From and record settings are not always picked up
> > and remain set to those chosen for the last folder I was reading, or
> > earlier. The signature usually, but not 100% of the time, is correct.
> >
> > Anyone any ideas?
>
> You will also need folder hooks or whatever matching "anything" (.)
> in order to reset the values back to your defaults, as otherwise
> they will never get reset and the values will remain as whatever the
> last hook that fired set them to.

** end quote [Andy Smith]

Good point, and I've made that change now. I think without it I had
pretty much covered all the folders I use, but better to have it in
there. Since the change things seem to have worked better, but I'm not
entirely sure why. When I changed into a folder with a matching pattern
to only correctly match up some of the changes and not others seems odd
behaviour. I'll monitor it closely again and see how it stands up now
though.

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: