Re: [Hampshire] RHCE Books/Study guides

Author: Steve Kirk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] RHCE Books/Study guides
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 10:16:29PM +0100, John Cooper wrote:
> Sean Gibbins wrote:
> > Steve Kirk wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the info John. I saw a review of Tammy's book in the Red
> >> Hat Magazine and thought it looked good.
> >> It also looks like one of what is (currently) very few books for RHEL5.
> >>
> >> That RHCE study guide keeps coming up - but it seems that it only
> >> covers the RHCE with info up to RHEL3?
> >
> > Are you sure on that? I thought the one due out at the end of the month
> > (seems it has arrived early) was for RHEL4, but I may be wrong.

Nope, I wasn't sure, hence the question! :-)

> Yes, Amazon have the 5th Edition (RHEL5) release 4th July, 2007.
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/203-1980397-2358310?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rhce&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Thanks for the info John. I find Amazon's method of listing the different
editions a little confusing myself, especially as they appear to list both
the 4th and 5th editions with a published date of 4 Jul 2007.

I'm also slightly mystified why the list a Solaris 10 Sysadmin book as the
'perfect partner' but never mind.

It looks like Amazon already have the book available so I'll try ordering it!

Cheers,
Steve