Re: [Hampshire] LVM, partitions and growing filesystems

Top Page
Author: James Ettle
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LVM, partitions and growing filesystems

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c46100.hantslug.org.uk.21194': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Jul 21 17:57:32 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 17:27 +0100, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Not nearly as much fun, but definitely safer: have you given any thought
> to simply buying a new disk and adding space that way?

It's a small notebook --- no' much room for an extra drive, Cap'n!

The problem isn't really that I'm running out of space (indeed I've got
that 500GB USB monster for playing around with VMs and backing up stuff,
etc.), it's that the existing space on the notebook's own drive is
partitioned inefficiently (as I moved my music collection from the NTFS
system to my ext3 volume) and a just can't *stand* waste.

> Just out of interest, what are you running on XP? You could do what I
> did and install VMWare Server to run the odd legacy Windows app,
> although you need some memory and CPU to spare if you want to do that.

Coupla silly devices I have need it for firmware updates, etc. Some
other programs don't run OK under Wine, either (e.g., Microsoft
Update ;) ).

James

--
James Ettle                                        jhe@???