Re: [Hampshire] Access rights

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Access rights
James wrote:
> I have an svn server, that a number of people are using in the office.
> How do I get new files created in the svn repository created with
> owner svnuser, instead of the actual user that is logged in. I also
> want files created in repository1 created with
> user-id:svnuser1 and repository2 using user-id:svnuser2.
>
> I am using ssh+svn.
>
> Currently, I have a bit of a cludge, whereby I have a sticky directory
> group bit, so all files have the svngroup set on them, and then set
> the user's umask to make them group rw.
>
> Any ideas?

I too am managing an SVN server so took the time to look this up. I found
this extract from an article...

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s03.html:-

"Notice that svnserve only understands “blanket” access control. A user
either has universal read/write access, universal read access, or no
access. There is no detailed control over access to specific paths within
the repository. For many projects and sites, this level of access control
is more than adequate. However, if you need per-directory access control,
you'll need to use either use Apache with mod_authz_svn (see the section
called “Per-Directory Access Control”) or use a pre-commit hook script to
control write access (see the section called “Hook Scripts”). The
Subversion distribution comes with commit-access-control.pl and the more
sophisticated svnperms.py scripts for use in pre-commit scripts."

Damian

--
Damian Brasher
www.interlinux.co.uk