[Hampshire] help getting started

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] help getting started

I decided to 'scratch an itch' while getting back into 'C' There is a
bug in update-notifier post 6.06 somewhere in the upgrade path which
causes it to stop notifying.
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/update-notifier/+bug/53868>

So I downloaded the source code and ran configure with the following errors.

> checking for PACKAGE... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0 libglade-2.0 gconf-2.0 hal dbus-glib-1 libnotify) were not met:
>
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
> No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
> No package 'libglade-2.0' found
> No package 'gconf-2.0' found
> No package 'hal' found
> No package 'dbus-glib-1' found
> No package 'libnotify' found

Now in my simple way of thinking, there should be a package that I can
install that will resolve 1 of the above errors/omissions to my build
environment (repeat as necessary until all errors are resolved), but I
can't seem to locate any of them with Synaptic

n00b style help would be appreciated.