Re: [Hampshire] Probing for monitors

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Probing for monitors

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57df4100.hantslug.org.uk.13755': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jul 24 15:29:58 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 03:22:03PM +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Mon, July 23, 2007 14:02, Hugo Mills wrote:
> >    Does anyone know of a way of determining which external VGA/DVI
> > ports on a machine have a monitor attached?

> Since you're using NVidia, have you tried nvidia-settings?

Definitely not. The last time I ran that application, it took me an
hour to unscramble the complete balls-up it made of my X config file.
Also, as you mention, it seems to need X running.

> Sounds like the sort of information that should be somewhere
> in /proc

It does, doesn't it? I can't find it...

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
       --- "You got very nice eyes, Deedee. Never noticed them ---
                           before. They real?"