Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5854a100.hantslug.org.uk.7098': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jul 29 19:01:24 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Sunday 29 July 2007 18:35, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 18:23:39 +0100 (+0100), Adam Trickett wrote:
> > KMail
> >
> > We should also do a 5 minutes on POP3, IMAP and SMTP each.
>
> As in 15mins at the start on SMTP/POP3/IMAP (what they do, their
> capabilities) or 5mins per client showing remote mailboxes? Hmm -
> offlineimap might be well worth demoing too - I'll try and remember to
> set that up.

15mins at the start should be enough. I think it's possible to demonstrate
with a white board and a marker pen, it's not hard, but it may be worth
spelling out how email moves - not everyone knows.

> > If there are no volunteers for KMail I'll do it. As I don't have notebook
> > to bring to a meet it makes it a bit harder for me to do these kind of
> > talks/chats.
>
> Thanks Adam, I'm happy to put it on my laptop if that helps - might
> want to have any config files handy.

I've taken tomorrow off work* to write the udev talk, I'll also take some
KMail screen shots too.

* Actually I've a lot of holiday built up so I'm taking every Monday off until
October, so it's just happens to be convenient for writing the talk.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A people that values its privileges above
its principles soon loses both.
    -- Dwight D. Eisenhower