Re: [Hampshire] Reminder - meeting next weekend

Author: Ali Afshar
To: adrian, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
New-Topics: [Hampshire] Meeting times
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Reminder - meeting next weekend
On 29/07/07, Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:
> This is your week in advance reminder that the next meeting is down at
> Southampton on 4th starting at 10:30.
>
> Adam Trickett will be talking about udev
> Adrian Bridgett will be doing a shell script tutorial
> Various will hopefully be doing email demos
> More volunteers for talks (lightning or longer) will be gratefully
> received.

Hi,

Although this will be my first meeting, I am happy to do a tutorial on
the Python programming language. Either a general one, or more
specific such as:

"Object Orientated Programming"
"Unit Testing"
"Cross-platform GUI Programming"

Or perhaps something like:

"(Distributed) Version control"

Additionally, I would love to do a lightning talk on PIDA
(http://pida.co.uk). PIDA is an IDE that I wrote. It is a novel IDE in
that it attempts to reuse the tools you have available. It embeds Vim
or Emacs, and has the ability to use most open source version control
systems available. I believe this approach will make it the IDE of the
future, and it is (if you will) my baby.

Feedback and opinions appreciated,

Ali