Re: [Hampshire] OT: co-location

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: co-location
** Alex <alextcollins@???> [2007-08-02 18:51]:
> I've recently moved my VPS hosting to a new host, slicehost.com. They're
> aimed primarily at developers and those who know what they're doing. They
> have competitive prices and excellent hardware. It's all running under Xen
> as well as a good cap on the amount of Xen 'images' per box. I'd highly
> recommend them. The FAQ[0] is a good place to start, as well as the
> homepage[1] for a list of their prices.
>
> Let me know if you signup, i've got a referral URL you can use :P

** end quote [Alex]

Their pricing looks pretty good, although Bytemark have been so good to
me I'll be sticking with them for the foreseeable future. Out of
interest though, when purchasing a service like this from the US what
are the VAT, etc. implications? I may look for a second host at some
point, so having options to hand doesn't hurt - I've already got Andy on
that list, and knowing Dan from past Linux projects I'd have goscomb.net
there too :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: