Re: [Hampshire] OT: co-location

Author: Tom Sykes
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: co-location
Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** Alex <alextcollins@???> [2007-08-02 18:51]:
>> I've recently moved my VPS hosting to a new host, slicehost.com. They're
>> aimed primarily at developers and those who know what they're doing. They
>> have competitive prices and excellent hardware. It's all running under Xen
>> as well as a good cap on the amount of Xen 'images' per box. I'd highly
>> recommend them. The FAQ[0] is a good place to start, as well as the
>> homepage[1] for a list of their prices.
>>
>> Let me know if you signup, i've got a referral URL you can use :P
> ** end quote [Alex]
>
> Their pricing looks pretty good, although Bytemark have been so good to
> me I'll be sticking with them for the foreseeable future. Out of
> interest though, when purchasing a service like this from the US what
> are the VAT, etc. implications? I may look for a second host at some
> point, so having options to hand doesn't hurt - I've already got Andy on
> that list, and knowing Dan from past Linux projects I'd have goscomb.net
> there too :)

Wow, lots of great suggestions. I'll check them all out later today.

Hadn't really considered the virtual server option, although now I think
about it, there's no reason I shouldn't. Also, I have no real
affiliation or inclination to keep a server in London any more.
Especially after IntercityRedbus put up their prices.

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how I get on.

Tom