Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:26:36 +0100
Jim Kissel <jlk@???> wrote:

> life....." about which time I fished by ancient, battle scared 6310
> from my pocket. A quick glance from the sales type and he
> continued, "....6310, about 2 weeks on standby, loads of talk
> time, recharges in about 1 hour. Maybe the best phone Nokia every
> made. New and boxed on E-bay for £300 (an exaggeration. £30-40
> new or almost so from UK dealers)...."
>
> Which unsold me on the E90. I'll just get a new battery for my
> 6310, non-photo, non-Wifi, non-browser, talk and text only, when
> mine starts to go south and no longer holds a charge for + 1 week.

My 3310 is still going strong, another one that does talk/text only,
I don't need anything fancier and in fact I've never used any of its
other functions like alarms/calculator & it still uses the default
ring note.

Only immediate family know what it's number is and it is switched off
more than it is on. So I sometimes get a landline phonecall from
youngest dau complaining I am not answering her text messages :-)

The battery wouldn't retain a charge a few months back but got a
genuine Nokia replacement from mobilefun (www.mobilefun.co.uk) and it
cost me £12.45 inc p&p. Ordered online one day and got it the next.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package