Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Request for email users...

Andy Random wrote:
[snip]
>> All that said I'm on the lookout for a new phone as the T210 is less
>> functional and less reliable than the 7110. The trouble is I can't find
>> quite the right spec. In particular a phone with WiFi so I can install a
>> SIP client on
>
> I'm looking for a new phone as well I'm tempted by the Nokia E90, which
> has WiFi but I've no idea if it will run a SIP client. There is also the
> Sony Ericsson P1i, same comment there, it has WiFi but no idea about SIP.

I was also tempted by the E90. Went into the local Orange shop in
Camberley and had a browse around. Didn't see it first pass, so a clean
cut sales type asked if he could help. I asked about the E90. He
pointed it out in the display while at the same time saying. "Oh you
mean the model with 1 hour usage and 1 day standby". What!? "Yea,
that's about all you get for battery life....." about which time I
fished by ancient, battle scared 6310 from my pocket. A quick glance
from the sales type and he continued, "....6310, about 2 weeks on
standby, loads of talk time, recharges in about 1 hour. Maybe the best
phone Nokia every made. New and boxed on E-bay for £300 (an
exaggeration. £30-40 new or almost so from UK dealers)...."

Which unsold me on the E90. I'll just get a new battery for my 6310,
non-photo, non-Wifi, non-browser, talk and text only, when mine starts
to go south and no longer holds a charge for + 1 week.