Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead
Andy Random wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Sean Gibbins wrote:
>

>> Not strictly a scrounge, since I am prepared to pay a reasonable sum for
>> it plus P&P.
>>
>> Anyway, I did ask a while back and there were a couple of positive
>> given that they were free offers!
>>
>> So, several near misses on battery power later I thought I'd put out the
>> feelers once again: has anyone got a power cable for Psion knocking
>> around in their box of computer toot?
>>

> My Psion 5 is packed away somewhere, but I'm reasonably sure there was
> nothing special about the Psion power adapters. I know that I used to use
> a standard, bought for a fiver in Argos, multi-power adapter to power my
> series 3 machines and IIRC the series 5 used the same adapter as the 3s.
>

>> I tried to stop using the Psion ages ago but there are a couple things
>> it is really handy for, hence this requirement!
>>

> I really miss the Psion range, I just wish they had produced one with
> modern connectivity before they pulled the plug. I'm reliably informed
> that Psion were working on a bluetooth model but they decided to pull out
> of the PDA market before it got to production :(
>
> A Psion with bluetooth I'd probably still be using myself.

And a colour screen, and a bit more memory, and a faster cpu...

:)

Joking apart, I agree.

If you get a mo' could you take a peek at the spec of that power cable
you are using? I will grab a generic replacement myself. I note there is
a genuine one on eBay at the moment for a minimum bid £7.99 + £2.99 P&P,
but that is taking the piss a bit if you ask me.

Sean