Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Sean Gibbins wrote:

> And a colour screen, and a bit more memory, and a faster cpu...

I actually really liked the screen on my Psions, my uses for a PDA are 99%
text based and colour just isn't that important. I'd rather have greyscale
which uses less battery power and is more readable in sunshine that 32
million colours...

> If you get a mo' could you take a peek at the spec of that power cable
> you are using?

Ok, I'll see if I can dig it out later.

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Ian Park wrote:

> On the power plug: if you want a genuine Psion one, ?7.99 + ?2.99
> postage isn't *that* extortionate; if you want a new one from Clove
> Technology, it'll cost you ?14 + VAT & delivery, so you'd not get much
> change out of ?20...

As I recall Psion power supplies where never cheap which is why I used a
cheap multi-voltage alternative in the first place.

Andy