Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Sean Gibbins wrote:

> Not strictly a scrounge, since I am prepared to pay a reasonable sum for
> it plus P&P.
>
> Anyway, I did ask a while back and there were a couple of positive
> given that they were free offers!
>
> So, several near misses on battery power later I thought I'd put out the
> feelers once again: has anyone got a power cable for Psion knocking
> around in their box of computer toot?

My Psion 5 is packed away somewhere, but I'm reasonably sure there was
nothing special about the Psion power adapters. I know that I used to use
a standard, bought for a fiver in Argos, multi-power adapter to power my
series 3 machines and IIRC the series 5 used the same adapter as the 3s.

> I tried to stop using the Psion ages ago but there are a couple things
> it is really handy for, hence this requirement!

I really miss the Psion range, I just wish they had produced one with
modern connectivity before they pulled the plug. I'm reliably informed
that Psion were working on a bluetooth model but they decided to pull out
of the PDA market before it got to production :(

A Psion with bluetooth I'd probably still be using myself.

Andy