Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Scrounge] Psion 5 mains lead
Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
> If you get a mo' could you take a peek at the
> spec of that power cable you are using? I will
> grab a generic replacement myself.

I don't have my Psion PSU to hand, but from memory
it's 6V, 1A supply, with a small coaxial plug,
centre positive.

> I note there is a genuine one on eBay at the
> moment for a minimum bid ?7.99 + ?2.99 P&P, but
> that is taking the piss a bit if you ask me.

The genuine Psion PSUs are quite good, though.
They're barely larger than a conventional mains
plug, and quite efficient (measured by low heat
generation).

I also use a Hama universal supply, obtained from
7dayshop...
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=101172
which works fine.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.