Re: [Hampshire] SLUG at the BaB?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SLUG at the BaB?
Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Andy Random wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is anyone planning on bringing a SLUG to the meeting on Saturday?
>>
>> After all the recent discussion on the list I'm thinking of buying one,
>> but if possible it would be nice to see one first.
>>
>> Failing that are there any SLUG owners who will be there and would like to
>> rave about them in person?
>>

> I'd be interested in seeing one too.

I may make it but can't promise I am afraid since I will need to borrow
a car and it is not guaranteed that I can have it. It'll probably be for
a few hours in the morning if I can.

Is the (wired) network DHCP? My SLUG currently has a static address of
192.168.1.50 and will therefore need to be reconfigured beforehand as it
is well and truly headless*, unless of course that coincides with the
range on offer at the meeting.

Speaking of networking, does Hugo need to do his usual thing with regard
to MAC addresses for wireless connectivity?

Sean

* tying in with Andy's comments about the Psion in a separate email, I
read somewhere that with a serial-to-usb adapter you can use a Psion as
a portable keyboard/screen - any ideas where I might get one reasonably
cheap?