Re: [Hampshire] [OT] What socket is what socket

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] What socket is what socket

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x586ec100.hantslug.org.uk.6002': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Aug 5 09:50:06 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 09:19:23AM +0100, Tim wrote:

> How do I tell what socket a processor chip is??
>
> I salvaged the processor from a PC that was swamped by flood water (the chip
> did not get wet and the PC was switched of at the time). All I know is it is
> a Pentium4 2.88ghz?

The simple way is to read either the motherboard part number or the
CPU part number, and put it into Google. The hard way is to count the
number of pins/holes.

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
         --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 8: The Latest ---
                          In Proven Technology