Re: [Hampshire] (no subject)

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] (no subject)
On Tuesday 07 Aug 2007 10:01, Tony Smith wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2007 23:35:46 hantslug@??? wrote:
> > On Friday 27 Jul 2007 23:12, Terence Relph wrote:
> > > how copy & paste from the command prompt
> >
> > If Ubuntu is the same in this as Etch, and other linuxes I have tried,
> > use the mouse to select the text you want to copy. Then go to where you
> > want to paste it (in this case the email), left click to place the
> > cursor, then centre click to the right of the cursor. That's it.
> >
> > HTH
> > Lisi

> doesn't work.
>
> Sounds daft but it took me ages to find this one :-S

The method I give works for Konsole. I have just pasted into Konsole using
it: Select (in this email!) -> centre click in Konsole. I do this often.
E.g., when I am copying a command from somewhere, to make sure that I get it
right: I am a lousy typist, so I make copious use of copy and paste. But
why "click -> <ctrl>+V" when you can just "click"?? ;-) (I was born lazy.)

Lisi

P.S. The original email had an erratum posted immediately I had sent it. I
have inserted the correction.