[Hampshire] Shared accounts

Author: Samuel Penn
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Shared accounts

Hi,

Currently we have a number of development boxes (running
Gentoo Linux) at work, each with their own haphazard
collection of user accounts. Now that we have a shiny new
addition to the mix, we've decided it's probably time to
think about a real solution.

So my question is, what is the real solution for account
management across multiple boxes on Linux these days?
The last time I looked at this, it was NIS on Solaris.
I'm guessing it would be something based on OpenLDAP,
though I'm also guessing there's also probably several
different possibilities.

If it could hook into our MS Windows domain accounts as
well, that would be good (we use samba for sharing a
file system, but it's not connected to ssh accounts).

Cheers.

--
Be seeing you,            Web: www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                    GTalk: sam@???