Re: [Hampshire] Local Company for Linux Maintenance

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Local Company for Linux Maintenance
Roger Munford wrote:
> I am a Director of a Southampton based charity and we are looking for a
> local company to maintain our IT infrastructure. It has been running a
> Linux server with about 25 windows workstations for about 5 years.
> There is a small OS evaluation project going on and we are keen that
> that gets accelerated so that we would eventually be standardised on OS.
>
> The urgent concern is to replace the sever which is beginning to fail as
> soon as possible with a more robust system.
>
> If anybody can recommend or is working for such a company please let me
> know.

I would recommend osml.eu - I known one of the two leads Jim Kissel and
he always impresses me with how much he knows on a number of subjects.
They would always be the first port of call for any project such as the
above.

Alternatively if you want remote network/sysadmin/support consider
Wessex Networks. They are used by clients of ours and have always
exceeded my and the clients expectations - not something all
network/support business will do - and I expect a lot from third parties!

Jacqui