[Hampshire] Dell unleashes Linux laptops and desktops on UK

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Dell unleashes Linux laptops and desktops on UK

Hi,

I've not seen anybody else mention this here and while my opinion of Dell
kit is well established, I think it is still Linux news worth mentioning:

Dell has started selling selected UK computers with Ubuntu Desktop
Edition instead of Windows, just like it's been doing in the US for the
last few months.

     http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49292120,00.htm

Also of note from the article is this snippet about Ubuntu support from
Canonical:

If you'd rather play safe, you can get a service upgrade from Canonical,
the company behind Ubuntu. It offers 30-day 'get started', one-year
'basic', and one-year 'standard' software support for 40, 80 and 170
respectively.

There is also mention of a Dell Linux forum which might be of interest to
Dell owners who already run Linux on their machines:

    http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=sw_linux

Andy