Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Laptop

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Laptop
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, john lewis wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:58:48 +0100
> Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:37:20AM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> > > is anyone willing to gamble on one of these advertised as being
> > > available for US $150 but built in Sweden.
> > >
> > > http://www.medisoncelebrity.com/price.html
> > >

> > http://www.medisonscam.info/
>
> Thanks everyone, I'll not even attempt to get one.

That's probably wise, but it might be worth check back here periodically

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49291844,00.htm

They seem to be updating the page with news and it seems likely they will
say if their "review sample" ever arrives.

> My eldest daughter wants a laptop (eventually) and I thought ??87 was
> too good to miss if genuine.

Yes that's certainly cheap, and you'll be hard pressed to find anything
(even second hand) that cheap from a dealer. You might pick something up
as a private sale, but unless you know the seller that is always risky.

However there are some reasonable deals available on laptops these days,
both second hand and on the cheaper brands new machines. What sort of
budget does your daughter have in mind?

Andy