Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Laptop

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Cheap Laptop
john lewis wrote:
> My eldest daughter wants a laptop (eventually) and I thought £87 was
> too good to miss if genuine.
>
> Reason for her getting a laptop as opposed to a standard PC is that
> she lives in a one bed flat with limited living space and books have
> priority over every thing else.

I bought a second hand laptop from James Ashburner for close family
some time ago - the machine was almost as good a spec as my home/work
laptop . It cost between 50 and 70 UKP and fromwhat she says is
still running AOK. AT the time my lappie was ~1 ear old and cost
me ~ 400 UKP :-(

So I can recommend getting a machine from JamesA.

Jacqui

p.s. Alternatively you could try Jamies :-)