[Hampshire] Cascading routers to create independant LAN ... …

Author: x3n0
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Cascading routers to create independant LAN ... ?
Hi All,

Has anyone been able to cascade their routers to produce multi-layer LANs?
I wish to reconfigure my home network to provide a secure secondary network.

The scenario is this ...
I had a DSL modem with ethernet (provided by BT) that was hooked up
to my Linksys router. Unfortunately the modem failed, and has now been
replaced (by BT) with their awful HomeHub. Obviously, I wish to put
the Linksys back into service, but I am relatively new to
networking...

As I have lodgers in my house that "require" internet access. I
thought it would be interesting to setup the network in such a way,
that the lodgers would have their connection routed though an internal
proxy/firewall.

www>>primaryrouter(192.168.0.xxx>>proxy/firewall>>secondaryrouter(192.168.1.xxx)
                             |>>proxy/firewall>>tertiaryrouter(192.168.2.xxx)

I realise that the above is diabolically obscure in terms of concept
and clarity, but finding a way to portray my idea is proving difficult
to say the least.

I basically need it to be secure to the point where neither of the
networks can contact each other, but can (obviously) access the web.

If anyone has *any* ideas about how I could possibly go about building
such a setup... any suggestions would be most appreciated.

A.Clover