Re: [Hampshire] Wacom graphics tablets

Author: Jacqui caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wacom graphics tablets
Hugo Mills wrote:
>    Anyone got any experience of using the Wacom graphics tablets under
> Linux? Specifically, the Graphire 4?

>    Do they work reasonably well? Are the drivers open and maintained?
> What are the drivers like to install on a Debian system?

Not wacom but a cheap Tevion/Medion knock off - uses batteries
and only 25UKP for an A4 tablet.

Every distro I have tried with it (including three live's) have
detected and used the tablet without the need to install
or even configure!

OK some get the dimensions wrong and some do not "get" pressure
levels enabled by default but this is just a config issue.

One thing I do miss is the ability to switch between mouse
andpen and have the Gimp detect this and switch settings
automatically. I,e, think black line with mouse, blur/eraser
with pen.

Jacqui