[Hampshire] Nokia N770 media box?

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Nokia N770 media box?
I saw a Nokia N800 today and when the owner said that the older N770's
could be had for 75 quid (the N800 is 250) it got me thinking.

They have a headphone socket, wifi, a touchscreen and wifi
connectivity - could I use it as a media box?

In particular I want to be able to stream music to it and I'm
concerned about stability and most of all the sound quality from the
headphone socket (it'd be plugged into a lo-fi set of speakers.

a bit like this:
http://blog.eikke.com/index.php/ikke/2006/06/14/maemo_nokia_770_sound_streaming

this article seems to suggest the quality is good (but booting is slow
- OTOH I'd be happy to hack up a custom busybox if possible)
http://www.linux.com/articles/56640

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers