[Hampshire] Surrey/Hants Bring-a-Box meeting, Sat 8th Septem…

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: Surrey LUG ML, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: [Hampshire] Surrey/Hants Bring-a-Box meeting, Sat 8th September
Hello,

Just a note for everybody to confirm that the next Surrey LUG
Bring-a-Box meeting, to be held at the University of Surrey in
Guildford, will happen on Saturday 8th September. Doors open from 11am
until around 5pm.

We are also glad to welcome Hants LUG back, who we last saw at Red
Hat's offices in Guildford for our January meeting. Hopefully in the
future we can hold more joint meetings if it's a success.

We will be in the central lecture theatre block on campus (different
building to last time, where we were a few months ago). For those new
to Surrey, there will be signs up from the front of the campus, near
the main car park. If you wish to load or unload equipment from a car,
contact me off-list regarding access (use the address in my sig).

Everybody is welcome at our meetings - no membership or previous
experience is required. Feel free to bring along a computer or laptop
if you wish, we aim to provide power and internet access. We may need
more extension leads in this room, as the power sockets are towards the
front.

This time round, we have three confirmed activities/talks and more are
welcome. If you'd like to give a presentation or a lightning talk
about a subject, or are planning on working on something in particular,
let us all know.

The list so far is:
 - Introduction to Perl
     Adam Trickett
 - BOF session: The Gimp
     John Washington, Clive Darracott

The campus is a short walk from the main Guildford train station and is
just off the A3 if you're coming by car. Full details are available on
the wiki, including maps and detailed travel information to the
University campus:
http://www.surrey.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?BringABox

Hope to see you all again soon.

--