Re: [Hampshire] Kmail problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kmail problem
On Tue August 28 2007 22:38, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2007 21:52:00 Tim wrote:
> > For the life of me I can not configure Kmail to ntl smtp, I know the
> > setting are correct because i have taken the same setting as I have on my
> > kmail.
> >
> > When I click send and receive it almost as though it is ignoring sending
> > any mail in the outbox it just sits there, no error messages, nothing.
>
> Have you tried right-click on the Outbox and send mail or whatever
> the option is. Is KMail configured to automatically send mail?
>
> > smtp.ntlworld.com
> > port 25
> > No encryption
> > Authentication plain
>
> I'd expect an error to appear at the bottom right of the window
> (or at least an indication that it's trying to send), so it sounds
> like it hasn't yet tried to send it.
>
> I assume you're doing this from an NTL network.
>

> --
> Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
> Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???

Right clicking on the outbox and selecting send does nothing

No error appear thats the odd thing, I have even tried purposely putting the
wrong setting in (misspelling ntlworld (ntlwrld)) but there still no error
messages which seem to point to the fact that it is not trying to send the
e-mails in the first place.

Yes I am on a n NTL network

Tim

PREVENT ACCESSING DANGEROUS WEBSITES - Protect your computer with Free Web Security Guard!
More information at http://www.inbox.com/wsg