Re: [Hampshire] Kmail problem

Author: Ali Afshar
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kmail problem
On Tuesday 28 August 2007 21:52:00 Tim wrote:
> The wifes XP box went bang tonight so it was just the time to swap it for
> a linux box I had sat there waiting.
>
> Nice and easy I though setup a user account, set up and mail account, job
> done................wrong
>
> For the life of me I can not configure Kmail to ntl smtp, I know the
> setting are correct because i have taken the same setting as I have on my
> kmail.
>
> When I click send and receive it almost as though it is ignoring sending
> any mail in the outbox it just sits there, no error messages, nothing.
>
> For the record I am using the following settings:
>
> smtp.ntlworld.com
> port 25
> No encryption
> Authentication plain
>
> Any suggestions
>
> Tim

Hi,

I can't really offer a solution, but I can say "Me too". This happens
sometimes when Kmail has been running for a few days. Send and Receive
appears to do nothing. Restarting the application fixes it for me.

It may be a related or similar bug, but I am now getting off my lazy behind
and reporting it.

(I am using the version in Feisty)

Ali