[Hampshire] screen resolution

Author: Terence Relph
To: hantslug
Subject: [Hampshire] screen resolution

hello everyoneYou may not remember but I was having trouble getting on line but its all been sorted now, the router that I was given I thought to be wireless but it was not, so I bought a netgear dg834gt  and a fa311 card also a wg311t for the linux pc and it all worked just fine. I have got feisty ubuntu and feisty kubuntu running. My current problem at this time is, I was trying to find drivers for the graphics card because some of screensavers were a bit jerky I had already done this in ubuntu and it worked fine, but in kubuntu something went wrong and the screen is far to big now I have tried setting it to the monitor which is a lg flatron 795ft also tried repeatedly to set the resolution to a higher one and restart xserver but nothing works, I have searched the forums but it all seems to ubuntu not kubuntu. Thanks for any help in advance and I was looking forward to going to the next meeting as there's so much I need to know but I have a prior engagement so I'll just have to wait till the next one or keep emailing.                terry relph