Re: [Hampshire] Kmail problem

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kmail problem
On Wed August 29 2007 18:26, Samuel Penn wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> I assume (the first rule of support is, never assume anything) you've
> checked the settings in Accounts->Sending? Have you tried selecting
> 'Confirm before send', so see if it is getting that far.
>
> There's also a couple of options for:
>
> 'Send messages in outbox folder', which on mine is set to 'Never
> Automatically'; and 'Default send method', which is set to 'Send Now'.
> You might what to have a play with these.
>

> --
> Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
> Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???

Hi Sam

It seem to be a kmail problem, just setup thunderbird with exactly the same
details and it worked first time with out question.

Regarding the setting you mentioned I have played with and then reset them
back to the same as on my setup on my PC but still nothing.

Its likely this is only going to be a short term thing so I might stick with
thunderbird for the time being. Not only that Mepis 7 is currently in beta
and a full product release is expected by mid October.

Tim