Re: [Hampshire] spam woes

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] spam woes
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:18:12 +0100, adam.trickett@??? said:

> A friend also rejects almost all email sent to his primary MX address,
> and only accepts email at his secondary. Most spammers don't fall back
> to the secondary

Sometimes spammers target the lowest priority (highest MX number) on the
basis that, often, recipient validation is not done on that server. I know
someone who has three MX records and he rejects all mail to the primary
and tertiary MX, and accepts mail on the secondary.

I wouldn't recommend doing that for a business, however.

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |