Re: [Hampshire] SoftwareFreedomDay (Bracknell) news

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] SoftwareFreedomDay (Bracknell) news
James Ettle wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 15:59 +0100, alan c wrote:
>
>> organising local events to highlight the benefits of Free and Open
>> Source Software (FOSS), such as Windows.
>
> Someone should really let them know about this...

:-)
Yes I will. It is almost irrelevant to most readers :-( and
obviously unappreciated by the particular sub editor who presumably
had to cut down to a certain word count.

The really good news is that it is a very visible article and clearly
advertises the event, demonstrations, state of the art software and
Freedom, and free CDs! The 'Free CD's should hopefully encourage a
good turnout if nothing else. I certainly could not have afforded the
same advertising.

I was most happily surprised that the reporter I had contacted had
done her own research - there are several details which were not
included in my fairly long original press release.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391