Re: [Hampshire] Debian Sarge security updates

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Sarge security updates
On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 19:55:16 +0100
Adam Trickett <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> No, this time they decided to keep Sarge supported even after Etch
> became stable and Sarge became old-stable. As long as people are
> prepared to do it and there is demand to do they'll keep doing it.
> I think they were aiming for 6-12 months, but I can't recall the
> link to the statement that backs this up.

http://www.debian.org/security/faq#lifespan

Q: How long will security updates be provided?

A: The security team tries to support a stable distribution for about
one year after the next stable distribution has been released, except
when another stable distribution is released within this year. It is
not possible to support three distributions; supporting two
simultaneously is already difficult enough.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package