Re: [Hampshire] .forward file mark as read

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] .forward file mark as read

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56d8f100.hantslug.org.uk.14239': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Sep 7 11:12:18 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 08:35:53AM +0100, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> I currently have a .forward file that sorts my email as it arrives.
> I use Exim as my mail server, in case that makes a difference. At
> the moment, I have all emails that are marked as spam moved into
> another folder. What I would like to do is move them to the other
> folder, but also mark them as read automatically. At the moment,
> they show up as unread, and therefore the archive program will not
> delete them.
>
> Is there a method to do this with my .forward file?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=maildir+mark+as+read

2nd and 3rd hits look promising.

This will be harder with mbox format, so I don't recommend using
mbox format.

Cheers,
Andy