Re: [Hampshire] .forward file mark as read

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] .forward file mark as read

On Fri, September 7, 2007 08:35, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently have a .forward file that sorts my email as it arrives.
> I use Exim as my mail server, in case that makes a difference. At
> the moment, I have all emails that are marked as spam moved into
> another folder. What I would like to do is move them to the other
> folder, but also mark them as read automatically. At the moment,
> they show up as unread, and therefore the archive program will not
> delete them.

Turning the question around, which archive program? I use
archivemail, which has an option to delete unread email.

(I actually run it twice on my mailing list folders,
deleting read mail older than a couple of weeks, and
unread mail older than a couple of months. It doesn't
delete anything marked as important however.)

--
Be seeing you,            Web: www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                    GTalk: sam@???