Re: [Hampshire] Debian Update?

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Update?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c7e100.hantslug.org.uk.8305': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Sep 7 14:18:39 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
Hi

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 13:59 +0100, Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> Many thanks for the pointers! I have read, absorbed, digested and
> acted upon the advice.
>
> Here's another oddity: after installing my network printer (Brother
> HL-5250DN, CUPS) a symbol appears which tells me that there is no
> network connection and no network devices have been detected.
> Meanwhile, I'm copying files between nodes and the printer is working
> perfectly.
>
> Why is Debian lying to me?    :D

Do you have more than one network adapter? One wired, one wifi? Is the
panel applet talking about the card that isn't connected as opposed to
the one that is?

Cheers,
Al.