Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream

Author: Jonathan Hudson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream
On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:27:10 +0100
Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:

> I know somebody asked this question a while ago, but I can't find it anywhere
> (I guess it is still there), I had a look on the wiki but there is nothing
> there. Can somebody point in the direction of a howto please
>
> I am after a BBC realpalyer stream,
>
> Tim

Simplest form, using mplayer, if you know the RA stream:

URL="rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_dsat_g2.ra"
mplayer -cache 128 -bandwidth 999999999999 $URL -ao null -dumpstream \
-dumpfile /tmp/bbc.ra

If you have the stream embedded in http://****.ram, the add "-playlist".

In my experience, a small cache and large bandwidth result in fast
startup and download (e.g. at line speed).

-jonathan