Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream
Tim wrote:
> I know somebody asked this question a while ago, but I can't find it anywhere
> (I guess it is still there), I had a look on the wiki but there is nothing
> there. Can somebody point in the direction of a howto please
>
> I am after a BBC realpalyer stream,

I use a script based on one which was I found through the thread you
mention.

It's on http://squat.homelinux.net/recmp3.sh

It uses vsound, sox, lame and realplayer to capture the stream as a wav,
then convert to mp3. I've added some tweaks of my own - I record a lot
of bbc7 listenagain streams, and sometimes found the stream ended early,
so I added a loop to check the length and re-record if too short. It
defaults to 32kb encoding at 11.025khz - too low for music but fine for
the spoken word, which is what I record.

Simon