Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Capture realplayer stream
On Sun September 9 2007 17:32, Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 17:24:12 +0100
>
> Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:
> > On Sun September 9 2007 10:54, Jonathan Hudson wrote:

> > > Simplest form, using mplayer, if you know the RA stream:
> > >

> > > URL="rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_d
> > >sat_ g2.ra" mplayer -cache 128 -bandwidth 999999999999 $URL -ao null
> > > -dumpstream \ -dumpfile /tmp/bbc.ra
> > >
> > > If you have the stream embedded in http://****.ram, the add
> > > "-playlist".
> > >
> > > In my experience, a small cache and large bandwidth result in fast
> > > startup and download (e.g. at line speed).
> > >
> > > -jonathan
> >
> > I think the part I am missing here is the rtsp:// I have looked at the
> > source of the BBC page but I can't find the rtsp url or any .ram files
> > listed. Is this just BBC being awkward or am I looking in the wrong
> > place??
> >
> > Tim
>
> The BBC is making it increasingly difficult. You may have to trawl
> their pages for the links, or try <http://dave.org.uk/streams/> (which
> has, alas, been increasing neutered recently), however the raw yaml
> format <http://dave.org.uk/streams/streams.yaml> should give you all
> you need.
>
> You could be forgiven for thinking that the BBC didn't really want you
> to listen again. So much for public service broadcasting.
>
> -jonathan

OK I used Daves web site and found a rstp URL and here the output

mit@2[~]$ URL="rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio2/r2_musicclub.ra" mplayer -cache
128 -bandwidth 9999999999999 $URL -ao null -dumpstream
\ -dumpfile /tmp/bbc.ra
MPlayer 2:1.0~rc1-1mepis1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (Family: 15, Model: 2, Stepping: 9)
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing -dumpfile.
File not found: ' -dumpfile'
Failed to open -dumpfile.

Playing /tmp/bbc.ra.
File not found: '/tmp/bbc.ra'
Failed to open /tmp/bbc.ra.

Exiting... (End of file)

Has it failed due to the Joystick port??

Tim